On a warm sunny day with a light wind and enough day left to let your bees warm up again before sundown open your hives
“if you need a jacket its too cold “, at the very least.
1) Check the health of your hives, in particular check for AFB.
2) Check to see if you have a Queen by finding her or evidence she is laying.
3) Check to see if there is honey (food) for your bees. Consider if and when you need to rob them as part of your swarm management.
4) Look for signs of swarming.
5) Make space for your bees to allow the colony to grow.
Details of all these tips and how to manage your hives in Sringtime can be found in “The Bee Book” by peter Warhurst and Roger Goebel.
There are copies in our club library if you don’t have one.